Premier Riesling Conference in the United States
Riesling Rendezvous Review
Winemakers from seven countries and seven states converged at Chateau Ste. Michelle winery Sunday, July 14th, 2013 for the fourth Riesling Rendezvous. Hosted by Chateau Ste. Michelle of Washington and Dr. Loosen of Germany, Riesling Rendezvous featured wineries from Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Slovakia, California, Idaho, Michigan, Oregon, New York, New Jersey and Washington. More than 650 Riesling enthusiasts attended the Grand Tasting, making it the largest gathering of Riesling producers and enthusiasts in the world.
Riesling Rendezvous is designed to bring together leading experts and producers to explore the versatility of Rieslings from around the world, discuss issues and opportunities surrounding the advancement of Riesling, and forge alliances among producers and Riesling enthusiasts. The trade tastings July 15 & 16 were held at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center in Seattle and featured in-depth blind tastings and seminars led by distinguished speakers and producers, on topics such as Proving That Terroir Matters, The Electric Riesling Acid Test: The Effect of Sweetness & Acidity with Food, Marketing Riesling, Masters of Riesling and Riesling pairing demonstrations.
2013 Riesling Rendezvous Fast Facts:
- 650 consumers, trade, media and producers attended the sold out Riesling Rendezvous Grand Tasting July 14 at Chateau Ste. Michelle.
- 280 producers, trade, wine writers and several consumers participated in the trade tastings July 15 & 16 at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center.
- 75 wineries from seven countries and seven states were featured at the Riesling Rendezvous Grand Tasting.
- 50 wine writers from around the world attended the events.
- A total of 393 wines were showcased over the three day events.
- 9,000 Riedel glasses were used for the trade tastings.